Make in-person or self-service transactions at thousands of locations nationwide.
As a member of Taunton Federal Credit Union, you have access to one of the largest branch networks in the financial industry.
- Visit tellers for loan payments, deposits, transfers and inquiries at more than 5,400 CO-OP Shared Branch locations nationwide.
- Quickly and easily perform many common transactions at hundreds of CO-OP Shared Branch express self-service terminals in participating credit unions.
To access your account you’ll need three things*:
- The name of your credit union
- Your account or member number
- A valid US, state, county, federal, or city government issued picture identification with signature
*Additional rules may apply for you to transact business on your account. © 2016 CO-OP Financial Services
Frequently Asked Questions
What is CO‑OP Shared Branch express?
CO-OP Shared Branch express is a shared branching service delivered primarily through self-service terminals. It enables you to skip teller lines, have 24/7 access to many locations and conduct your most frequent transactions quickly and easily.
What do I need to access my accounts?
■Name of your credit union
■Account Number (you must be an account owner)
■ATM/debit/credit card or driver’s license with magnetic stripe with your name (must match name on account)
The first time you use CO‑OP Shared Branch express, you’ll need to know a few account details:
■Primary Account Holder’s Social Security or Tax ID Number associated with your account
■Phone number associated with your account
■Zip code associated with your account
■Street Number of the address associated with your account
What will I be able to do?
■Cash* and check deposit
■Check transaction history
*Not available at all locations.
How do I find a Co-Op Shared Branch Location?
■Download the mobile app from iTunes® or Google Play™
■ Ask a teller
■Look for a branch with the Co-Op Shared Branch Logo