Switching your Checking Account to TFCU is easier than you think! Our Switch Kit includes everything you need to help you make a smooth transition to a new Checking Account at Taunton Federal Credit Union.
Simply fill out each of the forms provided below and you’ll be on your way to enjoying the benefits of a Rewards Checking Account from TFCU!
Open your TFCU Rewards Checking Account
- Existing Members: Login to your account via Online Banking and click “New Accounts” to open your Checking Account
- New Members: Fill out this form and bring it into one of our branches or click here to apply for membership online
Transfer your Direct Deposit
- Fill out this Direct Deposit Change Form and give it to your employer
Change your Automatic Withdrawals
- Fill out this Automatic Withdrawal Change Form to contact any organization that you have authorized to make automatic withdrawals from your account to let them know you have switched to TFCU.
- Make sure to allow outstanding checks and automatic withdrawals to clear your old account. It may take some time for everything to clear your existing account.
Apply for a VISA® Debit Card
- Fill out this VISA® Debit Card Application and mail to or drop off at a TFCU branch once your new Checking Account is opened
Close your Old Checking Account
- Once you’ve allowed for outstanding checks and automatic withdrawals to clear your old account, fill out this Close Old Checking Account Form to let your previous institution know that you’ve switched to TFCU. Once the account has been closed, destroy all remaining checks, ATM/debit cards and deposit slips.
- Now you can begin to enjoy using your TFCU Rewards Checking Account. If you have any questions about moving your checking account, please feel free to call us at (508) 824-6466 or contact us via e-mail here.