1. How can I get my employer to offer TFCU services at the company?
Call our Outreach Specialist at (508) 802-6457. They will then contact the Human Resources Department at your company to schedule visits.
2. What is the difference between a credit union and a bank?
A credit union is a not-for-profit organization, where a bank is a for-profit corporation. Taunton Federal Credit Union uses earnings to provide value to its members and offer products and services that benefit these members at a savings whenever possible.
3. What is the difference between NCUA and FDIC insurance?
Although similar, since both have the full faith and credit of the U.S. government, The National Credit Union Administration (NCUA), is the independent federal agency that charters and supervises federal credit unions. NCUA operates the National Credit Union Share Insurance Fund (NCUSIF). It insures each depositor up to $250,000.00. Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation insures each depositor in a state or federally chartered bank up to $250,000.00. Taunton Federal Credit Union has NCUA insurance.
4. Can you make a mortgage payment online?
Yes, existing members may make mortgage payments online through Online Banking.
5. What are the Church Green Companies?
There are four Church Green Companies that are affiliated with Taunton Federal Credit Union. Church Green Financial Services, LLC can help you with investments to save for the future. Church Green Insurance Agency, LLC offers group auto and homeowners insurance through FB Insure. Church Green Real Estate Services, LLC offers both buyer and seller real estate services. Church Green Professional Services, LLC offers tax preparation services.
6. What is the Routing Number for Taunton Federal Credit Union?
The Taunton Federal Credit Union routing number is 211386115.
7. How do I make a wire transfer?
To make a wire transfer, you need to come to Taunton Federal Credit Union with the account number and routing number of the other institution. Your signature on the form authorizes the wire transfer.
8. How do I make a wire transfer from another institution to my account at TFCU?
- The ABA/Routing number to be used is 211391773. (This is EasCorp’s routing #. TFCU does not have a direct link with the Federal Reserve.)
- Next, Taunton Federal Credit Union must be listed as beneficiary and if possible, list our ABA/Routing number, which is 211386115.
- Finally, the member receiving the wire must be listed as the final beneficiary. Please include the following:
- The member’s full name
- Account number
- Share type, such as 000, 120
***Note: If any of this information is not included, then the wire will be returned to the originating institute and the member will not receive credit here at the Credit Union. Please make sure the originating institute understands this procedure.