• What is the difference between a credit union and a bank?
      A credit union is a not-for-profit organization, where a bank is a for-profit corporation. Taunton Federal Credit Union uses earnings to provide value to its members and offer products and services that benefit these members at a savings whenever possible.
    • What is the difference between NCUA and FDIC insurance?
      Although similar, since both have the full faith and credit of the U.S. government, The National Credit Union Administration (NCUA), is the independent federal agency that charters and supervises federal credit unions. NCUA operates the National Credit Union Share Insurance Fund (NCUSIF). It insures each depositor up to $250,000.00. Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation insures each depositor in a state or federally chartered bank up to $250,000.00. Taunton Federal Credit Union has NCUA insurance.
    • Can you make a mortgage payment online?
      Yes, existing members may make mortgage payments online through Online Banking.
    • What are the Church Green Companies?
      There are four Church Green Companies that are affiliated with Taunton Federal Credit Union. Church Green Financial Services, LLC can help you with investments to save for the future. Church Green Insurance Agency, LLC offers group auto and homeowners insurance through FB Insure. Church Green Real Estate Services, LLC offers both buyer and seller real estate services.
  • What is the Routing Number for Taunton Federal Credit Union?
    The Taunton Federal Credit Union routing number is 211386115.


  • What is the difference between my account number and my member number?
    Nothing! Your TFCU account number is your member number. Typically, this number is 6 digits. This is the number you will provide when you visit one of our branches or log into online banking.


  • What is my account suffix?
    Your account suffix is a 3 digit code that determines what kind of account you have, i.e. 140 = Rewards Checking, 000-Main Savings. You will need your 6 digit member number as well as the 3 digit suffix for direct deposit or electronic bill payments.


  • What do I do if I forgot my Debit Card PIN?
    You can visit one of our branches and a representative can assist you with re-pinning your card for you.


  • When will I be charged a late fee if my loan payment is past due?
    If you do not make your monthly loan payment by the due date, you will have a 15 day grace period before you are charged a late fee.


  • How do I change my address?
    Address changes can be performed online via It’s Me 24/7 or by visiting one of our branches.


  • How do I order a new debit card if mine has been lost, stolen or damaged?If you’re in need of a new debit card, you can call us at (508) 824-6466 or visit one of our locations. If your card has been damaged or lost, there is a $10 replacement fee.Lost or stolen VISA® Check Cards should be reported to our Call Center Specialists at (508) 824-6466 or to the after hours hotline: 1(800) 847-2911.


  • How can I get my employer to offer TFCU services at the company?
    Call our Outreach Specialist at (508) 802-6457. They will then contact the Human Resources Department at your company to schedule visits.


  • Can I make an automatic transfer between my accounts?
    Yes, you can set up automatic transfers through online banking or by speaking with a representative.


  • How do I order personal checks?
    If you need to order new personal checks, please call us at (508) 824-6466 or visit one of our branches to speak with a representative. You can also drop off the Replacement Checks order form that is included in your current check book. This check order slip tells us what your last check number was so it will continue in order.


  • How do I dispute a transaction?
    If you discover what you believe to be a fraudulent transaction on any of your accounts, please call or visit one of our branches immediately to discuss your options with a representative.


  • I plan on traveling out of the state/country, will my debit card work?
    In an effort to protect your account from fraudulent transactions, TFCU has blocked all Debit Cards from processing foreign transactions. Please be aware that if you are attempting to make a purchase online, over the phone, or traveling abroad, you will need to contact us beforehand to have your Debit Card temporarily activated for foreign use.


  • How do I make a wire transfer?
    To make a wire transfer, you need to come to Taunton Federal Credit Union with the account number and routing number of the other institution. Your signature on the form authorizes the wire transfer.


  • How do I make a wire transfer from another institution to my account at TFCU?
    The ABA/Routing number to be used is 211391773. (This is EasCorp’s routing #. TFCU does not have a direct link with the Federal Reserve.)Next, Taunton Federal Credit Union must be listed as beneficiary and if possible, list our ABA/Routing number, which is 211386115.Finally, the member receiving the wire must be listed as the final beneficiary. Please include the following:·The member’s full name
    ·Account number
    ·Share type, such as 000, 120
    Note: If any of this information is not included, then the wire will be returned to the originating institute and the member will not receive credit here at the Credit Union. Please make sure the originating institute understands this procedure.


Comments are closed.