In an effort to protect your account from fraudulent transactions, TFCU has blocked all Debit Cards from processing foreign transactions. Please be aware that if you are attempting to make a purchase online, over the phone, or traveling abroad, you will need to contact us beforehand to have your Debit Card temporarily activated for foreign use.Follow these steps to get the most from your VISA® card(s) while traveling:
- Notify your issuing bank before traveling internationally. Advance notification will help ensure that legitimate purchases are approved. In addition, check with TFCU to find out if your card is subject to any daily spending or cash withdrawal restrictions.
- Memorize your Personal Identification Number (PIN). Memorizing your PIN will help you easily obtain cash from local ATMs.
- Keep your Visa® card account number and the lost / stolen customer service contact telephone number in a safe place (separate from your wallet or handbag).
- In some countries, you may be prompted to enter your PIN at a merchant terminal. While cardholders do need to enter a PIN at an ATM, it is not necessary to enter a PIN at a merchant location for magnetic strip cards. You should be able to bypass the PIN request and proceed with the transaction by clicking “OK” on the terminal.
- If, for some reason, you are unable to use your Visa® card to make a purchase at a merchant location, you should be able to obtain cash from a local ATM.
- If any problems or concerns arise pertaining to your Visa® card, contact your card issuer by dialing the phone number printed on the back of your card or on your monthly card statement. You may also contact Visa® Global Customer Care Services (visit www.visa.com to locate the toll-free number appropriate for the country in which you are traveling).
Don’t get caught off guard!
Enroll in VISA Alerts and get a text or email whenever you pay with your Visa card!